Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for.
We are currently recruiting for an
Inside Sales Specialist (m/f/d) Biotechnology
This role is a great role for a newly graduated BSc/MSc/PhD within Life Sciences with some sales experience who is ready to kick start her/his career.
We offer a unique opportunity to work with some of the most exciting products within bioproduction/biotechnology. Our organization is developing, and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position, in an international environment.
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers, to initiate and develop relationships, which will ultimately generate sales.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Coordinate sales processes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relation’s management software (Salesforce.com)
- Utilize data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which include emerging customers
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
- Communicate with research and development scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations
- Coordinate contracts/quotations within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin/revenues with guidance from Management and/ or marketing
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum BSc or Master within Life Sciences
- Some experience in sales in a relevant industry would be very beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types
- Ability to function effectively in a high-performance team
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
- This position requires fluency in German and English
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Please send your application, including cover letter and CV in English.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected Status.